We believe that everyone would love to buy products that have a heart for the world...
We can all agree that our current patterns of consumption are completely broken.
As Tyler Burden --of "Fight Club" famously -- puts it:
"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
But the thing is... Fight Club is from 1999.
That's 18 years ago, and very little has changed.
So I'm wondering...
Why is it so incredibly god-damn hard to live a good and fulfilling life... while also being mindful of what we do and what we consume?
- Why is it... that for almost every purchase I make a farmer in India has suffered, or a young child in Bangladesh is working instead of going to school, or an animal gets to live an abusive life?
- How did we ever end up here with the "intensive livestock farming? When does 'farming' turn into 'animal abuse'?
- How can it be... that fashion shops like Primark are such huge successes? How can we tolerate the sweatshops and child abuse that's needed to produce 'fashion' (and to be clear: it's the entire industry that's guilty)?
- Why is it... that we almost never know where products actually come from, and how they have been made?
I think none of this is in line with our personal moral values.
It's disgusting. It just doesn't make any sense.
If you'd explain to an 8-year-old how our economic system works... you would probably be disgusted by your own explanation
Of course, you don't want to buy those unsustainable, bad products. You're forced into buying them (sometimes without even knowing).
Which eggs are actually good? Which clothing is not produced in a sweatshop by practically a toddler? Which chocolate is still oké?
How did we end up in this world where we can't tell the difference between a well-produced product, and the morally 'rotten apples'?
More important yet: how do we get out of this?
That's the exact idea that got us into building Klooker: we do all the legwork of tedious research with products that are actually sustainable, fair and good... and 6-8x per month we send you an easy update with our newest finds. Often we can even negotiate sweet discounts on our recommended products.
All Klooker products need to meet 3 criteria:
- Premium quality, and reasonable prices.
- 100% sustainable and 'good' production
- Well-designed / fashionable. Something you'd be happy to own.
This is Klooker in a nutshell...
Great deals on great products,
6-8x per month, via email...
Always inspiring. Often with encouraging discounts
Always all the info you need to make a decision...
So you can live a more mindful & honest life